APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POST ARE NOW CLOSED
LEARNING DISABILITIES ASSISTANT (S)
1 x Full time LD Assistant – BIG Pathway Learning Programme and BIG Group (35 hours) – £18,360 p.a.
27 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
1 x part-time Learning Disabilities Assistant – BIG Pathway Learning Programme
21 hours per week – £11,016 p.a.
1 x part-time Learning Disabilities Assistant – BIG Group
14 hours per week – salary £7,435 p.a.
KDC (Knowsley Disability Concern) is a well-established charity specialising in services that enable disabled people to have improved choice, control and independence. We are an accredited learning centre delivering programmes and other activities for adults with learning disabilities and/or autism in community settings across Knowsley and neighbouring districts. In response to COVID-19, flexible methods have been introduced including Zoom sessions and distance-learning packs, ensuring participants remain engaged. Projects include the Being Involved Group (BIG Group); BIG Pathway; Managing my Money and Maths & English skills.
The role (s)
You will be accountable for providing day to day support for the BIG Group and BIG Pathway projects for adults with learning disabilities, keeping records and organising meetings:
The BIG Group (Being Involved Group)
- Promoting the BIG Group and increasing engagement
- Supporting individuals to have their say and make their voice heard
- Encouraging people’s confidence, self-esteem and independence
- Organising and supporting people to enjoy social events in the community
- Keeping up to date with regional and national learning disabilities self-advocacy groups
The BIG Pathway Learning Programme:
- Assisting with enrolment processes for BIG Pathway learners
- Writing up individual learning plans in support of the learner’s goals and aspirations
- Preparing resources and setting up learning sessions
- Supporting learners in ‘classroom’ settings under the supervision of the tutor
- You have good organisation and administration skills and enjoy working as part of a small team
- You can juggle a variety of tasks whilst keeping track of day-to-day duties
- You are responsive to need and have a ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to help
- You have experience of working with people with learning and communication needs
- You are passionate about the rights of disabled people and understand self-advocacy
Read the detailed job descriptions and person specifications below, complete the application form stating what role you are applying for and consent form and email to recruitment
Please note that the closing date for applications is Monday 14 September 2020.
- Job Description and Person Specification for full time role
- Job description and Person Specification for part time LD Assistant – BIG Pathway Learning Programme
- Job description and Person Specification for part time LD Assistant – BIG Group
For all posts an application form must be completed
The LD team
BIG Pathway learning programme and Maths and English.
Managing my Money programme
BIG Group and activities.
BIG Group and activities, BIG Pathway, Maths and English
Managing my Money and Stories.