Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.kdc.org.uk.
KDC and its subsidiary trading arm, Your Payroll, complies with and is registered under the Data Protection laws of the United Kingdom (registered as Knowsley Disability Concern, registration number Z5132378)
We could provide a long description here, as some websites do, of what we do and don’t do with your information, but there would always be something missed. So, to keep it simple:
We take all reasonable care to prevent unauthorised access to your personal data in any form – paper, electronic, whatever. We do not abuse your trust.
Any details you provide to KDC and its subsidiary trading arm, Your Payroll, will not be sold, swapped or given away to anyone or any organisation.
Data Protection Act and GDPR statement
1. KDC and its subsidiary trading arm, Your Payroll, needs to keep and process information about you for normal operational purposes.
2. The information we hold and process will be used for our management and administrative use only. We will keep and use it to enable us to run the business and manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately, during the time you are receiving any of our services or are employed with us, at the time when your services/employment with us ends and after you have left. This includes using information to enable us to comply with any legal requirements, pursue the legitimate interests of the organisation and protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings. If you do not provide this data, we may be unable in some circumstances to comply with our obligations and we will tell you about the implications of that decision.
3. As a Charity pursuing its aims and activities, we may sometimes need to process your data to pursue our legitimate business interests, for example to prevent fraud, administrative purposes or reporting potential crimes. We will never process your data where these interests are overridden by your own interests.
4. Much of the information we hold will have been provided by you, and you will always be aware of the information you have given as you are the primary source.
5. The sort of information we hold includes your name, address, National insurance Number, telephone number and email address and other details related to the services your receive from us.
6. Where we are processing data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. However, this may make it impossible for us to communicate or deliver services to you under such circumstances.
7. Other than as mentioned below, we will only disclose information about you to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so or where we need to comply with our contractual duties to you.
8. Your personal data will be stored securely during your association with KDC and its subsidiary trading arm, Your Payroll. After leaving us, your personal information will be deleted. However, for reasons of statutory reporting, some information will be retained for SEVEN years.
1. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to request from us
- the right to be informed
- the right of access
- the right to rectification
- the right to erasure
- the right to restrict processing
- the right to data portability
- only applies to;
- personal data an individual has provided to a controller
- where the processing is based on the individual’s consent or for the performance of a contract; and
- when processing is carried out by automated means
- only applies to;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling
2. access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
3. If you have provided consent for the processing of your data you have the right (in certain circumstances) to withdraw that consent at any time which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
4. You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of the GDPR or DPA with regard to your personal data
5. Knowsley Disability Concern is the controller of data for the purposes of the DPA and GDPR. If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact us on 0151 480 4090.
6. If you wish to make a complaint about how your data is processed by us you can contact the Information Commissioners Office Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF. Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number
KDC use third party providers in order to do our work, such as the mailing list for Direct Payments News & Views, for instance that we process using Mailchimp or bookings/information for PA training courses etc.