Last year KDC informed you that the DWP had received feedback from disabled people and their organisaiotns who were unhappy with the changes that had been made to the assessment criteria for the Moving Around Activity, and that they were seeking furher views on this (Pip Assessment – Another chance to have your say).
Below you can download the full outcome in easy read and rtf versions
Detail of outcome
- The government’s response to the consultation summarises the main points made by respondents. These include:
- how to identify those whose ability is most limited
- how to ensure that, when assessing an individual, consideration is given to their ability to complete tests safely, to an acceptable standard, repeatedly and within a reasonable time period (the ‘reliability criteria’)
- introducing financial support for people who can no longer access the Motability scheme following reassessment for PIP
- We will continue to review and improve PIP and are commissioning 2 independent reviews. These will include a consideration of how the PIP mobility criteria are working in practice and what impact they are having.