BIG Group Knowsley
What is the BIG Group?
BIG stands for Being Involved Group and it is a group for people with a learning disability and / or autism, who come together to discuss all issues to do with their lives, including health, housing and services.
Come along to one of our meetings and be part of our community
- We help people to be Self-advocates.
- We help each other make new friends and do different things
- We are a community where everyone belongs and feels safe and happy
- We organise and take part in social activities
- We support each other to play an active role as equal citizens
- We work together to design and take part in activities that are for people like us
- We connect with lots of other groups in the bigger community around us
- We are here as Hate Crime Ambassadors helping people feel safe where they live
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the BIG Group have moved online with the BIG Group Knowsley Online Facebook page. We host daily activities on zoom (Monday-Friday), based on what the group have suggested. We have hosted lots of activities (for example quizzes, bingo, arts & crafts, reading group), as well as some topic-based sessions (for example money management, mental health, keeping yourself safe during COVID)
Here is what members say about the BIG Group
For more information on becoming a member of the BIG Group contact Ruth
Telephone 07946 318 876 or email BIGgroup@kdc.org.uk